trip to L&D and update...
(ive typed this out a dozen times - so here's the email i sent to my family/friends so i dont have to type it again) :)
Yesterday afternoon I took a nosedive in the backyard and fell pretty hard. I hit my baby belly on the step to the deck (ouch!). I called Labor and Delivery (L&D) and they had me come in for monitoring. After 4 hours in triage all hooked up to gadgets, they decided to admit me for 18-24 hour monitoring just to be on the safe side since I was contracting. I couldn't FEEL the contractions, so I'm taking their word on that!
I spent the night in L&D at the hospital being monitored constantly. The good news is that everything looks GREAT! The nurses and doctors I saw all said that the baby didn't know anything was going on. His movements are great, his heartrate was steady and strong and all in all he looks pretty content in there!
They checked for everything - my water didn't break, and the fluid level around the baby looks good. They watched his movement on an ultrasound and said he looks busy :)
Anyway - I wanted to keep everyone updated. I am home now and doing fine. Some aches and pains from the fall (my knees are skinned) and sleeping (ha!) in the hospital bed... but other than that I'm just going to take it easy and try to mend my bruised ego a bit! :)


8 comments:
I am so glad you are ok. I was a klutz at the end of my pg. I was always off balance.
(delurking to say hi) What a scare! I'm glad you are okay and the babe is well. I can't wait to see pics in a few weeks! k
I'm glad you and Caleb are ok. Take care of your self and hope your little man shows up soon.
Oh blarg! Glad it's only some bruises to the body and the pride. Amazing how cushioned those babies are, huh?
What a scare... I am so sorry you had to go through that. I am so glad you and baby are ok!
I am so happy you are OK. You poor baby, that had to hurt. I am with Michell..take care of yourself, young lady!
Gosh, pretty scary. Glad to hear you and Caleb are doing good. Hope your knees feel better soon.
Just checking in on you...today is my guess on labor.. lets see if you post anything!!
Thinking of you and Caleb and hoping all continues to go well!
Post a Comment