Monday, June 25, 2007

induction day??!!?!?

well its here and i cant sleep. ive been up pretty much since about 2:40 this morning. i dozed for a tiny bit... but not much.

its about 6:00 now and i cant even cal for another two and a half hours. *sigh* i'll be updating here as i get more info. please please PLEASE let me get induced today!!

8:30a update: i just called and spoke to the charge nurse. she said they JUST had a couple deliveries and i should be able to get in around 11:00-11:30. then she asked the magic question and it went something like this:

her: when is your due date?
me: june 18th
her: you mean july?...*checks chart*..... oh.... oh youre WAY overdue.
me: ........... yeah.
her: what number baby is this for you?
me: number one
her: oh honey. yeah, you're first on my list. we'll probably have you come in around 11 or 11:30
me: so it looks good that it'll be today?
her: oh yeah. we're gonna get you in today. i'm going to do all i can to make sure of that!

yay!!! she's going to call me back when she knows better what time to have me come in - i'll update when she calls! :)


11:15a - UPDATE - well i just spoke to the nurse and she said the beds are filling up and they might actually have to go on bypass, which means that if women COME IN in labor, they may have to be sent to another hospital. *sigh* so i have to call back "every few hours" to check. :( :( :( i may have said some naughty words after hanging up. *SIGH*

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my... I really hope today is the day!!! Can't wait to see Caleb!!!!! Good luck Amy!

underdog said...

Sooooooo, thinking of you today!!

Supermom said...

Can't wait! So excited. I love when babies are on their way!!

Lora said...

OMG, it's Caleb's birthday (hopefully!!!!) :) YEAH!!!!!!! Good luck! I hope you have a quick and easy delivery! We can't wait to see pics!!! :) Thinking of ya!

SJayneI said...

Yay! Good luck to you; can't wait to hear all about it.

kittenroar5 said...

Yay for baby day! I can't wait to see Caleb! Good luck!

Supermom said...

They pulled that same crap with me. I called my Dr and she told them I had to get in. See if your midwife can pull some strings. My Dr. said if they wouldn't take me she would have me come in her office, she would break my water then I could go in. She was the best.

ProfCJ said...

BOOO more waiting! I hope they can get you in (whatever way works) and that you progress quickly and smoothly!!!

battynurse said...

I think I would have said naughty words too.