*sigh*
well yesterday morning i woke up to some spotting. not at all what i wanted to see, but when i talked to the nurse at OB she assured me that since it was brown (even though it was dark and a lot) that it was most likely from the exam and transvaginal u/s on monday. however, she took me out of work for the remainder of the week so i can take it easy and keep my feet up.
*sigh*
and of course, given my past, i worry. naturally. now this morning so far its only been light brown and only when i wipe - and even then, just a little bit. and no matter how many people tell me that they had spotting through their entire pregnancy... i dont think it'll make me any less stressed. just get me to 12 weeks when my chances on "problems" drops substantially. less than three weeks now. in fact... only 17 days till i hit my second trimester.
the only thing thats really keeping my hope alive is that 1) the spotting came AFTER the exam, not before like last time. 2) i threw up yesterday and a little bit today (yay!) and 3) we saw a strong heartbeat and movement. :) i just need to keep reminding myself that those are all really good things.
but as always - prayers and good thoughts are needed, if only for my own sanity during this time. :)


7 comments:
Amy, I know you're worried and no matter what anyone says, short of another U/S, your fears won't be calmed. Try to relax, I have been where you are and I was so scared it would happen again. Throughout the entire pregnancy after my m/c I worried. I delivered a very healthy baby boy though 11 years ago. He is my baby, no matter how many babies I have. There is something special about him, because I worried so much about him. I hope you can rest and be at ease. You are almost at the 12 weeks, and you can breathe a little easier. When is your next appt? You will be more at ease when you hear the heartbeat again.
berrymom - i cant begin to tell you how much your responses have helped me, both here and on the NW board. :) my next appt isnt until 12/19 - but the OB nurse called today and talked to me for about 10 mins (about my tooth and the spotting) and really helped set my mind at ease.
thank you again, SO much. you always know just what to say - and dont brush off my worry as "silly" *hugs*
Amy, boy do I agree with berrymom--so well put. Please take care of yourself. Many members of your NW family care about you (including me of course) & your little one. Prayers & well wishes from my end. PLEASE do not overdo it & if you find that you are unable to stop the worry..call, call & call until they order another U/S for your piece of mind. Hugs & well wishes.
Hi Amy, hang in there. I know how worried you must be but it did happen after the exam and everything looked so good from the US so hopefully all is well. Even if you didn't have another US maybe you could have them use a dopler real quick to at least check the heart rate. You're in my thoughts.
I am sure everything is fine.. Like you said it was after the u/s. You will be in my thoughts. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
-C
*hugs you* I know that everything is going to be okay. Are you laid up all weekend too? Let me know and I'll try and come down and cheer you up :)
I hope you are feeling better Amy... I can't imagine how scared you are... I know I will be a mess when I finally get pregnant. But, try to relax and have faith and trust that everything will be ok. Thinking of you!
Post a Comment