Monday, October 08, 2007

i made it :)

i survived! and im home. i went in at 5:00a, was taken to the OR at 7:45a, woke up in recovery at about 9:30a and was in the car on my way home at 12:30p. they were able to do it laproscopically - thank GOD! and so far, so good. im a little sore at the incision sites (duh!)and one seems to be bleeding more than it should - i'll be keeping an eye on it and i'll call tomorrow if its still bothering me.

anyway... ive been sleeping most of the day. i cant pick up or hold caleb for the first 2-3 days. the incisions are right across my belly where he kicks and wiggles... :( thats harder than you may think, i just want to scoop him up!

but *sigh* i know that in a few days i'll feel better and i can hold my monkey all day if i want :)

thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to hear you are ok!! Take it easy!!
Heal quickly!!!

twondra said...

Yay! I'm so glad things went okay! I was thinking about ya yesterday morning and hoping things went good. :)

singletracey said...

Hey Amy! So glad that things worked out and you are on the road to recovery!

Deena said...

Glad everything went well and they did it lap. Hope you can pick up the sweet boy soon...

Kimmyann said...

Yay! Glad to hear it.

Jen said...

I'm so glad that the procedure was relatively painless and that you are back home :) 1 month till I'm there!!! YAY :)

battynurse said...

Glad it all went well and you were home again quickly.

C said...

Amy, sweetie....I feel like I have missed so much with you & Caleb. I am so happy your surgery seems to have went very smooth. I hope you feel much better soon. I just looked at the most recent pics of Caleb that I missed.....AHHHHHHHH, could he be any cuter???? So sweet!