grandma ellie 1925-2008
my grandma ellie passed away yesterday. it was very sudden (she was arguing with my mom at 3:00p and was gone four hours later)... she had been in the hospital/rehab center for two weeks but was improving... but she made the decision to turn the machines off - she didnt want them and wanted to escape the pain. it was her choice and she went how she wanted to go... but it was very hard for the rest of the family.
we were all there with her in her last moments. her four daughters and all but 3 of her grandkids. one is out of the country, one is out of state and the other arrived too late. she leaves four daughters, two son in laws, 8 grandkids, 4 great grandkids and one on the way.
im heartbroken that caleb wont get the chance to know her in person... but im glad for the 32 years of stories i'll have to share with him.


6 comments:
*HUGS YOU TIGHTLY* I miss you terribly and am thinking of you and your family.
Rest peacefully Grandma.
Amy, My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I am happy that your Grandma got her wishes granted as far as her medical care and that she is no longer suffering.
I'm so sorry Amy. I'm glad she got her wish, but I can still imagine how hard it is for your family. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Amy~
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma...glad you were able to be with her in her last moments...
Hugs to you and your family.
so very sorry to hear about your grandmother....
Thank you very much for donating to Kristy and I for the Big Brother/Sister thing. That was so thoughtful of you!
Post a Comment