Monday, December 31, 2007

2007....

wow. today is the last day of 2007. i looked back at my post last year:

now its time for me to imagine where i might be NEXT year. good lord!! i know i wont be babysitting, thats for sure :) but other than that... who knows?? i'll have a 6 month old, how insane is that?!? i'll already be "old hat" at the whole "mommy" business :) and hopefully offering up some "new mom" advice to all the other new moms out there who are maybe still in the TTC game. :)

LOL ooh man. and the year before? 2005?? :

this morning when i checked my email i literally squealed with delight! the "bank" has received my registration papers and im ready to go!! of course, i cant call to order anything for a week or so... and that's going to kill me!

so 2007 - in review. briefly, because i DO have a 6 month old (and very little time):

i had a baby!

okay - that about sums it up LOL seriously though... ive made even MORE new friends and ive had some older friends go in other directions. im thrilled with my new friends and im sad to see the older ones go, but its a time of change and we all need to grow and branch out. ive also gotten so much closer to some old AND new friends :)

my family has grown!! and will continue to grow! both with added family members due to marriage and babies... and to new friends who are as close as fmaily will ever be :) i am so blessed to have so many new babies in my life, and in calebs life... he'll have so many cousins to grow up with and play with. :)

i havent been to work since may 12th (i think... whatever that friday was) and i dread going back this week. its been an absolutel JOY to have this much time off to bond with my son... and of course, just hang out with him :) caleb is an absolute delight and i cant wait for all of my TTC and preggo friends to be writing a very similar entry to this one year very very soon! :)

im SO excited to see what 2008 will bring. caleb will turn one (im SO emotionally not ready for that...) and at least 3 new cousins will be born.

so where do i see myself next year at this time?? i'll have an 18 month old who im sure will be walking around and tearing into everyhting he can get his little monkey hands on :) i'll most likely still be living here with my parents (but maybe with plans to move??) and reflecting on 2008 with as many fond memories and new BFPs to celebrate :)

take care of yourself in this new year... hold on tight - here we go!!!

6 comments:

Kimmyann said...

Here is to many more! Happy New Year

Roxymommy said...

I consider myself blessed to have "met" you this year when I needed it the most. Here's to a great year for you and Caleb!

twondra said...

Happy New Year! I've met so many wonderful people this year that I can't even imagine...it's awesome. :) Thanks for being a friend and for everything you've done for me to help. :)

Jen said...

Good luck on your first day back to work (for you and the munchkin). Will be calling in the next few days to give you dates for trip to Cali :) YAY :)

RainbowMomma said...

Amy, when I first joined the board, you were always there dishing out advice and telling about what worked for you. I really appreciated that. I love your post and the looks back at your last 2 years and the look ahead at what's yet to be.

I went back to look at the posts I missed and I must add that those photos of Caleb are the BEST! They are awesome and amazing and you will cherish them always!

A - said...

I stumbled on your blog through FF, and spent the last half hour reading through your journey. Congratulations on your little boy! Though I'm going about TTC somewhat differently (IVF) your story was inspiring to me :) -Amy